IT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Uses a deterministic engine and powerful modeler to allocate or translate IT costs, including physical and virtual systems, vendors, overhead, facilities, software, and support to each IT business service.
- View and analyze TCO and unit costs along with their breakdowns and trends for all IT services.
- Identify and show the top spenders and consumers of all IT services.
- Analyze key IT efficiency ratios and compare to industry benchmarks.
- Track actual versus planned and forecasted spend to capture variances.
- Prepare a bill of IT covering who consumed what IT services and resources.
- Spot ongoing potential cost-saving strategies, such as potential for virtualization, consolidation, retirement or refresh, SLA reduction, and tiering.
SERVICE LEVEL MANAGEMENT
- With service level management and vendor management capabilities for Digital Fuel, you can better understand the trade-off between cost and quality and run IT more like a business.
- Visually define, collect and manage service levels and operational compliance/quality metrics in the context of IT services.
- Create and manage workflows to orchestrate, track and approve agreements, commitments and sign-offs and capture auditable adjustments.
- Receive alerts when an SLA, OLA, KPI or UC commitment is in danger of being missed.
- Publish monthly service reports and booklets covering performance, along with root cause and business impact reports to identify remedial action.
- Automatically track, validate and manage vendor invoices on an ongoing basis against contract terms, actual spending and service performance/value metrics.
Peer benchmarks provide objective evidence to indicate where your organization’s IT spending is today, where it could be in the future and what paths you need to take to improve.
Digital Fuel benchmark data enables you to discover where you stand and where you could better align IT capabilities and costs with enterprise goals and run IT more like a business. Digital Fuel IT Benchmarking is available as a standalone service via services engagements with Digital Fuel, and select partners and benchmarking data can be viewed and analyzed within Digital Fuel.